After a long day, we had a question… Where could we find a great deal on our favorite drink near us right now? It turns out, that’s a really hard question to answer. A couple sites say they have happy hour deals, but the data is incomplete or inaccurate. Of course, there’s always the business websites, but you have to go visit each one individually and then compare and contrast all of the data. Not surprisingly, the websites are often out of date, so even that information is not the most reliable. We decided to answer this question by creating Happy Hour, our latest app.
Here’s what makes our app different (and we think better) than other previous apps & websites:
- Find the right deal…using lots of criteria such as day of the week (including Today), time of day (including Now), type of deal (some days you want wine, others you want beer), and area (near you or a near a place you’re going to be)
- Instant results…when you change the criteria the results display instantly, no jumping back and forth between pages
- Works offline…yep, all of the happy hours are there all the time even if you have little (or no) Internet access at the moment
- Easy to share…integrated with e-Mail, SMS/Text, Twitter and Facebook, tap one button and invite your friends to meet you
- Sort…the way you want it: start time, end time, name, distance, etc.
- Multiple views…see your options in a list or on the map
- Free…did we mention the app is free?
So, since there is no reliable source of information, you might be wondering how we get our data. We call them. Each one. By hand. It’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it to get the best list possible. That’s why at launch we only had 6 cities, and we now have 10 completed with 3 more partial cities listed. We’re working hard to make this the best most complete list possible. For the latest list, checkout our Happy Hour product page.
We hope you enjoy! Tell all of your friends!